MD2MD is for operational business leaders that
- regularly make decisions worth £10k – £100k and sometimes make decisions worth £1M+.
- If MD2MD can help them make just one better decision occasionally there is a return on investment in membership.
- manage an annual salary bill of £500k to £50M
- If MD2MD can help them engage their team just 1% more effectively then then there is a return on investment in membership
- are responsible for developing and delivering strategy. For ensuring the business is offering the right products and services to the right market through the right channels at the right time!
- If MD2MD can help them get their strategy more right more often then there is a return on investment in membership
Work smarter not harder
It’s a VUCA world! The world is more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous than it’s ever been. The continuing series of crises has put everyone, especially business leaders, under increased pressure. Not only do business leaders have to make big decisions about the future of their business and the livelihoods of their staff, they are having to make have to make them ever more quickly at a time when they are already working flat out. Working smarter not harder is more important than ever but easier said than done.
Avoid dead ends – Save time
MD2MD members share in confidence insights, information and ideas on current challenges with fellow business leaders. Joining their brief but regular structured conversations and sharing thoughts, decisions and actions will save you time and enable you to work smarter. You will hear of shortcuts others have taken that you can use too and find out about dead ends others have encountered that you can avoid.
Operational business leaders
We only want as members operational business leaders who like us recognise the value of confidential conversations about business leadership with others in similar roles. Real people who have also found themselves in a leadership role and who share the ambition to be (even) better leaders and as a result drive (even) more success for their business. MD2MD membership is exclusively for operational business leaders with tens or hundreds of staff. The job title is usually Managing Director in the UK, but the actual title is not important.
Why? – for the person?
To be a the best leader they can possibly be
The operational business leaders that join MD2MD recognise that they can’t do or control everything themselves. Their own specialist expertise of sales, technical, operations or finance is no longer as important as it was. At the scale they operate now their primary challenge is to engage and enthuse a team to achieve an ambitious vision through a clear and coherent strategy and skilled leadership.
Why? – for the business
To drive sustainable and profitable growth
MD2MD members regularly make decisions (like employing someone) worth £10k – £100k and have a salary bill in excess of £1M. There is a return on investment if the MD2MD subscription enables just one better decision, just a 1% improvement in engagement or if as a result of seeing the wood for the trees the leader makes a strategic choice that ensures the business is in the right place with the right offer at the right time.
Joining is easy
Apply here, speak to us to check its a good fit and arrange to join one of our demonstration meetings to see how we work alongside other interested and interesting business leaders. If you can see the potential value of private discussions with fellow business leaders, join a group and as long as that works for all continue as a member. And see our top class practitioner speakers too.
Value is guaranteed
Membership is at will and guaranteed. If ever you feel we haven’t delivered value, just say and we’ll put it right – or refund your last month’s subscription and part amicably. It might be because you feel the 80:20 rule has kicked in and you want to do something else. If that’s so, just tell us, stop paying and stop attending. With MD2MD there is never any legal tie. Members are there because they want to be. The fact that some stay for years, decades even, is testament to the value of membership.
* MD2MD is not right for everyone. Not every business leader fits. We will contact you to confirm fit. These groups only work if everyone attending is a serious business leader responsible for 10s or 100s of staff AND has a genuine intent to raise their game as a leader by giving and receiving equally and by supporting and challenging their peers to be the best leader they can possibly be.
The challenge sessions with my peers always provide insight and actionable approaches to problems that vex me and other C-levels. MD2MD challenges you to be the best leader you can be and never disappoints. Chris Hobbs
My experience with MD2MD has been extremely helpful in many ways and even more so with the changing business environment this year. I have made many new helpful relationships with all kinds of MD's. Rick Lorenzo
MD2MD provides an invaluable opportunity for me to learn from my peers, for me to road-test my thinking in a safe environment, and for me to keep developing my leadership skills. Adrian Leer