Employment Law changes in 2022 to affect all UK businesses (sponsored speaker briefing)Online | Wed. 24th August 2022 | 9:30am-11:00am
Employment law is constantly changing and Avensure will be discussing the most up to date topics with you to keep you informed.
In 2017, the Supreme Court ruled employment tribunal fees to be unlawful, meaning employees can now take you to court without charge. With a significant rise in tribunal claims still being reported, as well as extensive legislation changes due to the pandemic, it is now more important than ever that you have up-to-date compliant contracts, policies, and procedures in place.
The Employment Law Advice Bureau works exclusively with employers only offering free employment law and HR advice based on the ACAS Code of Practice. To support you, we are hosting the annual ‘Business Protection’ seminar. Delivered by legal experts, this CPD Accredited workshop will help protect your business by providing you with the knowledge and advice to prevent and resolve any employee issues.
Please note that at the end of the session, there will be a Q&A, so have your questions ready in advance!
What will be covered?
- Grievance/disciplinary procedures/short-term dismissal – the future is changing with grievance procedures
- Absenteeism– handling suspected ‘sickies’, sickness through COVID, persistent lateness & controlling flexible workers
- Conduct v capability – won’t do, can’t do! Understand the differences and handle correctly
- Policies, handbooks, contracts of employment, risk assessments– how to get them to safeguard your business
- The 2020 Good Work Plan– over 50 changes that employers are still required, by law, to adhere to
- Employees mental health – your legal responsibilities. The number one reason for long term absenteeism
- Home Working– how to manage home workers and your health & safety responsibilities
- Conducting a fair and reasonable process if layoffs or redundancies are needed
- Life after COVID– can you make staff isolate? Do they have to tell you if they are positive?
- COVID – 19 – COVID- secure regulations and safe self-isolation
- Innovative tips to grow your business in 2022 – expert advice on how to boost profits whilst reducing overheads
Back to Events Listing