It’s no longer lonely at the top
The essence of MD2MD is our business leader peer challenge board meeting. A safe space where leaders can debate their challenges in private with others like them. Leaders in a similar role. Independent and objective, willing to support and challenge you in return for you doing the same for them
You are ambitious, enthusiastic and determined to be successful. You have faced formidable challenges and learnt quickly. But they keep coming:
- The pace and scale of change and competitive pressure
- Spending too much time working ‘in’ the business, not ‘on’ the business
- Lack of stimulation, trust and challenge around the boardroom table
- The nagging doubt of “Have I got this right – I’ve never been here before?”
- Isolation and stress. Maybe feeling like an imposter nervous you’ll be found out.
- Sheer volume of work, resulting in a poor work/life balance
You are not the only one! Why not get together with other business leaders to support and challenge each other on the journey?
A private board, a business coach and an MBA case study in one
Our peer challenge board meetings, held in strict confidence, are akin to a board meeting, with independent non-executives there to advise, challenge and support you as necessary. A board with a breadth of experience and background that isn’t normally available to most business leaders.
The difference with MD2MD is that no-one is there to hold you to account – not formally anyway. Yes your fellow business leaders might challenge you, but fundamentally they are there to help you in return for you helping them. If we both share our successes and failures we can both shortcut the process of becoming even better leaders and thereby achieving even more success for our business.
A closer parallel with the Peer challenge board is business coaching or mentoring. The goal is the same. You leave with greater insight and greater clarity. The difference is that MD2MD meetings offer a diverse range of views based on the diverse backgrounds, experience and values in a typical meeting.
A final parallel is the business school case study. Learning by examining a business situation and debating with peers the alternative strategies and tactics and their relative merits. The difference with MD2MD is that instead of reading 20 pages of closely typed text about something that happened 10 or 20 years ago, you get to interrogate a real person involved with the case today. It’s not theory it’s practice. And as the topic of conversation is nearly always leadership it is rare that there isn’t learning for all.
Typical topics of discussion include:
Operational leaders ambitious to achieve even more business success by becoming even better leaders.
- you meet your group privately for structured conversations about business challenges online and if you choose face to face.
- you attend open workshops led by top professional speakers sharing best practice on a wide range of leadership topics.
- you join our annual conference LeaderFest and our annual ‘Retreat to advance’.