Sylvia has been transforming lives from the tender age of 13 when she and her brothers ran a youth group for deprived teenagers in Glasgow.
Throughout her varied career from Theatre Sister in Open heart Surgery to Maximising the Talent in Leaders and Teams, Sylvia has inspired and motivated people to recognise the unique value they bring to the workplace, to play to their strengths and to lead with confidence and purpose increasing engagement, creativity and productivity.
Tapping into her experience as a Theatre Sister in Open Heart Surgery, where team engagement and collaboration were paramount to life changing outcomes, Sylvia is quick to spot dysfunctions in leaders and teams and to address the issues that are blocking their collaboration, engagement and productivity.
Comments from members:
- Sylvia introduced plenty of new concepts.
- She re-enforced the importance of being “present” and playing to your “strengths” and using the “strengths” of others.
- Well presented-interactive and focused. Good discussion around the group.
- I liked her open approach and the clarity of her slides.
- Provided real life examples, stuff that was real life meaning.
- The material given to read in preparation for the session and conduct of profile evaluation was really useful.
- Reminded me that what I am doing is correct.
- Delivered a simple message “Develop and be proud of yourself”
Testimonial from a previous workshop – “Sylvia’s workshop was a fantastic opportunity to discover more about my working style and those of my colleagues. Her Talent Dynamics profiles provided the basis for some fascinating discussions out of which we believe we have made some ground-breaking changes to the way we operate as a company. Sylvia created a friendly and creative environment for all this to happen in, and we finished the day feeling inspired and empowered.”
Dr Tom Slingsby CaseBack to Speakers