Ross Smith is a leading authority on branding and brand communication. He is in great demand as a speaker in the UK, Australasia, South East Asia and North America and helps to identify and implement brand positioning strategies for more than 50 companies a year.
Ross cut his teeth in two highly competitive industries, first making his way through the ranks of the UK retail automotive industry to being regional Sales and Marketing Director for Nissan UK, through to taking on the role of VP Sales and Marketing for Ford UK’s dealers from 1989 -1999
At the age of 40, he took the helm as Director Sales & Marketing for a UK home improvement firm where he grew the business from £9.4m – £88.1m – in just five years, taking it from obscurity to being recognised as the second largest player in the UK.
He’s known as the “Turn the tap on man” with good reason. Ross will help you see your brand from your customer’s/client’s perspective and help you shape your marketing message to be much more easily seen and absorbed by your target market (internally and externally).
Ross sits on the board of three companies and is a non-exec director on three more. He commutes between Sydney, Toronto, Bali and London while thriving on taking on new branding and communication challenges in the widest imaginable industry sectors.
Comments from members:
- A good session, Ross is very knowledgeable I thought the information on emotional aspect of marketing in todays climate was a good takeaway.
- It was valuable to learn from a skilled professional and to absorb good and not so good practice linked to delegates branding.
- Ross’s thought was exceptional as can feed into the brand/website refresh we’re currently undertaking.
- I found the subject matter very informative and interesting as the theories put forward in relation to brand were new to me. The level of engagement was very good and the fact that Ross had taken the time to check the ‘brands’ of those attending.
- Along with the great tips and insight, Ross made the session personal to many businesses present.
- Very good how he engaged everyone in the workshop. Clear messaging too.
- I found the ‘case studies’ very useful and enjoyed the input of the other attendees.
- Insightful, helpful.
Back to Speakers