Over the past 19 years, Lars and his teams have worked with over 500 organisations (personally overseen 300+) from
professional service practices, technology firms, entrepreneurial start-ups to global financial & engineering firms, helping
develop their sales growth.
Lars Tewes has over 30-years experience in developing sales transformation around the globe.
Lars’ career started out in 1987 when he travelled to USA each summer whilst studying in search of learning the basics of direct sales as well as pay his way through university. During that time, he was the No.1 European salesperson and became the 1st non-American Sales Manager in a 150 yr old US company. Since then, the term “Entrepreneur” is used to describe him as he has set up 3 companies up on behalf of The Southwestern Company.
• 1987 – 1995: European division of Southwestern Advantage
• 1995 – 2001: SBR Search a search firm (now called Thinking Ahead)
• 2002 – 2019: Co-founder and Managing Director of SBR Consulting
• 2019 ongoing: Founder and Director of Quriosity Edge a Sales Effectiveness Consultancy
• 2020 ongoing : Director of Clean Living International
Sales Consulting Experience:
As a founder of SBR Consulting, he has developed and trademarked sales methodologies & processes, won numerous speaker awards and helped 1000’s of individuals to develop high performing sales habits, whilst having a lot of fun doing it!
• Develop sales cultures within organisations
• Help companies restructure, define or create a sales process
• Establish the correct KPIs, strategy, and incentives and how they should be used
• Enable top salespeople to make a smooth transition into sales management
• Ensure that rigour is introduced into the sales function
• Provide consistency in the sales approach to market
• Write company sales manuals & sales leadership manuals • Establish the correct approach to recruitment & retention
Comments from members:
- Lars explained each element in a way I could understand and implement.
- He explained really well in a way I can relate directly to my teams/situations.
- He made me think about understanding what is working and review what we are doing.
- The appraisal process and also making me understand the structure behind sales.
- Produced simple models that were very understandable with some very interesting examples.
- Helped me realise that we don’t review the correct key data in our sales process.
- Kept it simple, no jargon. Novel approach, loved the ECCE.
- Encouraged participation and thought processes to apply teaching to company situation.
- Engaged with participants and encouraged involvement.
- Given me a clear insight into how I can assess whether I have sales function that can deliver success and effectively lead the function.
- Lots of things I can use with a few members of staff using adapted style. All good.
- Clear illustrations and examples that are relatable.
- Gave me answers to develop the team. Happy with session.
- Active workshop. It worked that we broke into company groups.