- Finance and Operations
- Leadership and Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Strategy and Growth
Jon Wilks has a wide ranging business background from his earlier career spent predominantly in marketing, sales and business development. He enjoyed spells with Tarmac, Yule Catto, Waterford Wedgwood, Fiskars and Williams Medical Supplies before setting up Jon Wilks Associates in 2007.
Since founding Jon Wilks Associates, Jon has worked with some fabulous and very high profile companies including Asda, Costa Coffee, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Cotswold Outdoor, Carnival Cruises, JCB, Eurostar, Greene King and Clarks Shoes. Many of them regularly return to use him again and again. He is also very comfortable working with smaller organisations to help them fulfil their aspirations and ambitions.
Comments from Members:
- The benefit of the 3 rings model and TNT
- He gave real examples and tips on how to achieve leadership qualities.
- Engaging, used lots of stories and examples that I could relate to.
- The practical exercise – clear way to implement theory.
- He made it relevant, engaged us with story telling.
- Made me laugh – personalised stories.
- Reflection of “Leadership quality insights”.
- Reference to books and diagrams, interaction with audience
- Lots of strategies to help implement leadership.
- Rank the top 7 “follower needs”. I liked the emphasis on follower rather than leader.
- Good anecdotes and group participation.
- Pace, tone and good examples/Stories.
- I enjoyed the polls as it made me think and was a good way to engage attendees when delivering a session remotely.
- Good pace, back and forth engagement, approachable.
- Enjoyed the interactive/quiz elements to highlight gaps in existing knowledge. Speaker was excellent – clear, engaging, animated.
- Jon challenged my ‘status quo’, in a nice way, brought valuable ideas and entertained the group.
- Great tempo to ensure engagement was high value to gather insights and current thinking in the current climate