Cliff’s career has taken him through some of the country’s leading branded suppliers to industry and consumers. Developing international sales and marketing strategy for EAC, Universal, Sellotape and Dunlop Hiflex has provided him with a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw upon.
Cliff left the position of Group Managing Director at Dunlop Hiflex in 2006 to establish Burgin Associates. Cliff now lectures to academic and business groups throughout the UK and advises companies as far afield as China and the USA on their pricing strategy.
Comments from the members:
- He gave me the courage of my convictions regarding increasing prices.
- The early focus was good as it made me reflect on my business.
- I found the advice on E-auction helpful.
- Worked well with real world situations.
- Provided lots of material that would take an age to collate without getting lots of dross.
- Try not to let customers compare “apples vs apples” i.e customise our services.
- Explained framing to show how premium products can position themselves. Explained/addressed personal anecdotes.
- Reminded me customer is happy to pay the price for our presentation which is product and after sales service. Deliver what we promised feeds to repeated sales.
- Clarity in methodology.
- Well explained lots of examples.
- Made me appreciate how unique the education is, particularly in SAAS sectors.