Role of Company Director
This workshop provides participants (people who are aspiring to be in a directorship or are currently in one) with an overall understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director and an insight into how to carry out the role effectively and to protect both the individual and the corporation, as far as practical from potential liabilities.
We will cover:
✓ How the board functions and board member’s roles
✓ How to run an effective board meeting
✓ The legal role of directors and their compliance
✓ Companies Act 2006
✓ A director’s guide to staying out of jail
✓ Basic statutory and criminal liability
✓ Director and Officers liability insurance
When and Where?
- Wednesday 27th February 2019 – South Central Hub – Oxfordshire
SPEAKER: JO HAIGH
Awards Titles and Achievements:
- Winner of The Sunday Times NED of the Year award in association with Peel Hunt.
- Non-Executive Director and Chair for a number of prestigious companies.
- Winner of Acquisition International M&A Awards – Most Innovative UK Deal Negotiator 2016 and The AI One to Watch in Corporate Finance.
- Winner of Non-Exec Director of the Year IoD Yorkshire & North East Awards.
- Winner of the CBI First Women in Business Services award.
- Shortlisted for Inspiring Leader of the Year Forward Ladies and SME Business of the Year with Forward Ladies.
- Best-selling author of five books, including Keys to the Boardroom.
- Since 1989, Jo has bought and sold over 400 companies, specialising in owner managed companies.
Testimonials from past clients:
“Comprehensive review of Directors responsibilities and overall Board governance issues. Stimulating discussions and exercises. Excellently delivered” – Simon Rogers
“The best speaker on Role of a Director and one of the best M&A people in the UK in my opinion, I recommend Jo to all my clients!” – Bob Battye