Innovation in times of change: how to rethink and reframe effectively when you have to react quickly
When and where?
These last 18 months have been a rollercoaster ride for sure. Our experienced members had a business and a plan to make that business the best it could be, but just like that, everything changed. If you’re like almost every other business leader, you’ve spent these past months twisting, turning, and pivoting in ways you never would have expected. Now, there’s light at the end of that tunnel – whether that light is an oncoming train, or a clear blue sky will be determined by how quickly and effectively you can adapt, change, and innovate your business going forward.
It’s time to rethink, reframe and retool. And the good news is, you got this. All you need is some fresh thinking and innovation strategies to go from reactive to proactive.
In this quick response innovation program, Julie will walk you through specific activities and approaches applied to YOUR BUSINESS. You’ll analyse and rethink your organization. You’ll take stock of your assets and relationships. You’ll discover opportunities. And you’ll walk away with a list of actionable ideas, next steps, and a newfound sense of hope.
Plus, you’ll have a valuable set of tools to get you through these challenging times and whatever comes next.
- Inspire an unlimited supply of ideas and opportunities when you see the world through inventors’ eyes
- Understand why innovation is critical, especially in times of crisis and change
- Apply a structured approach to innovation and problem solving
- Build your prioritisation checklist so you know where to invest your efforts to get the best results as quickly as possible
Having spent nearly 20 years in delivery and leadership of sales, marketing and product strategy, Julie Holmes helped to grow a host of international, multi-million-dollar enterprise tech companies. From startups to behemoths, she knows what works to identify, get, keep and grow the customers that will make a business successful. Julie is also an entrepreneur in her own right as a creator/co-founder of a tech gear start-up that launched in the autumn of 2017.
Previous workshops for MD2MD:
- November 2018
- April 2018
- January 20th 2021
- March 10th 2021
- July 14th 2021
- September 29th 2021
Comments from Members who attended these workshops:
- Engaging stories – good speaker.
- Julie used real life examples, the process and systems were useful.
- Gave examples of easy-wins that I can share with my team.
- Interactive and involved. Made us think and share idea’s from all levels.
- Made things simple to understand, liked the examples and anecdotes.
- Helped me to work through detail to put the workshop content into practice.
- Understand client journeys differ from what we think the journey looks / feels like.
- Extremely practical and logical. The narrative was interesting and relevant.
- Lots of handouts to help frame / consolidate thinking of discussion.
- Interaction and participation worked very well. The breakout group and the opportunity to have more in-depth discussion with others was very useful.
- Julie is incredibly energetic and engaging and I really liked the online system she used for us all to post our thoughts. The workshop validated a lot of thoughts and ideas I already had, and has given me the impetus to put it all into practice.
- This talk has given me a fresh way to look at prospects.
- Loved it, I thought the interactive elements were great well done and thank you for the session.
- I have considered many of the attributes that Julie mentioned, but hadn’t factored in reference-ability or co-marketing and also hadn’t considered the indirect costs and apportionment of these against a client as we don’t allocate overheads in that way, so that was very insightful.
- Well put together and brilliantly presented.
- Great content, presented really crisply and at pace.
- I love Julie’s presenting style and the way she makes everything fun and engaging. I could listen to her talk for hours!
- Julie has high energy and keeps the pace – kept my engagement and stimulated my thought processing.
- Julie’s enthusiasm for the subject matter was infectious. She had be captivated within the first few minutes of the session.
- It was fun, insightful and gave practical take-aways that can be adopted quickly.
- Julie was humorous, kept up a good pace without losing us along the way, kept it on time and relevant throughout. I also think she asked meaningful questions and didn’t just get us to interact as a token gesture; it was practical and fed into her narrative so that I felt part of.