The theatre of sales and marketing
When and where?
Wednesday 30th June 4:00pm-5:30pm – Online via Zoom (invitation only)
Delivering interested prospects, business opportunities and sales enquiries is fundamental/critical to business success. Are you frequently disappointed with the results you get from your marketing efforts? You are not the only one. Many other experienced and ambitious business leaders are facing the same problem.
A sales or marketing person may be focused on acquiring new customers or retaining and maximising opportunities with existing customers. It might be that this is undertaken through personal contact and face to face interaction, or by utilising promotional material, messaging and content.
What all these communications have in common is the requirement to have an impact and influence the behaviour of prospects and customers.
In this workshop we will learn some of the psychology behind influence and persuasion and how this understanding can be utilised in creating more effective communications.
We will cover:
• The role of emotion
- Why focusing on logic and reason will lose you the sale
- The reason feelings matter in making a purchase regardless of whether its B2B or B2C
• Understanding signaling
- What signalling is and why it is important
- How signalling works
• The importance of delivering an experience
- Understanding the experience economy
- How to be better than your competitors
Grant has spoken for MD2MD many times including at:
1st July 2020
29th July 2020
2nd Sept 2020
Grant Leboff is one of the U.K’s leading Sales and Marketing experts.
His fourth book, ‘Digital Selling’, debuted at #1 on the Amazon charts prior to being published in September 2016. This follows the success of Leboff’s previous titles.
‘Stickier Marketing’ (2014) went straight to #1 in the Amazon Sales & Marketing Chart, and was in the top 10 overall Business Chart, on publication. ‘Sales Therapy’ (2007) and ‘Sticky Marketing’ (2011) were both in Amazon’s top 10 Business Books, and #1 in the Sales & Marketing bestsellers chart. Grant Leboff’s fifth book, ‘Myths of Marketing’ was published last year.
A thought leader in his field, Leboff’s main focus is to address the massive changes that are taking place in a world that is constantly being introduced to new technologies and an evolving World Wide Web. He continually challenges Sales & Marketing conventions that become accepted wisdom, but don’t necessarily deliver results.
Having built a successful direct marketing company, which he started in 2002, Leboff sold it in 2008. As well as undertaking work as a Non Executive Director, he now has a number of other business interests.
Sticky Marketing Club® Ltd., is a sales and marketing consultancy providing companies with the strategies to thrive in an increasingly competitive world.
Leboff’s Sales and Marketing portal, stickymarketing.com produces a wealth of resources and information on effective Sales and Marketing for organisations in an ever changing business environment.
He is a highly sought after consultant, mentor and speaker, and constantly makes presentations at conferences and events all over the world.
Leboff is a regular contributor to many business magazines and newspapers. Amongst others, he has been featured in the Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Financial Times, The Daily Mirror and The Sun. He has appeared on BBC Radio on numerous occasions as well as being featured on a significant number of US radio networks.
Comments from members:
- Thought you’d be interested to know that Grant came and facilitated a day’s strategy workshop yesterday for myself and my management team. It was awesome and wonderful to see the team getting as much out of it as me. If it wasn’t for MD2MD, I wouldn’t be having these sorts of sessions and benefiting from the results. Thank You!
- Grant really knew the topic of discussion, shown by giving relevant examples rather than generalisations.
- He focused on his message and worked completely through the board of issues that were asked to be addressed.
- It was overall a well-delivered presentation with good examples and clear takeaways.
- Grant’s session made me take a step back and think about the bigger picture.
- He showed humorous, sharp and insightful ideas. Also made me re-evaluate my marketing approach
- The whole topic was very helpful, strong and application-focused. The emphasis on why to use social media was very interesting.
- He reinforced and developed knowledge provided excellent ideas!
- I liked the examples / methodology linking the theory into practical.
- Educated and energised me on marketing communication.
- Cleared the smoke and mirrors away and focus on building a community and adding value to it.
- An energetic, clear and concise presentation. He asked what people wanted and was straight talking.
- Very good balance of information, insight and opportunities to interact.
- Very easy speaker, using language that was clear and not full of jargon. approachable and encouraging of participation.
- Grant gave us a number of suggestions and ideas which can easily be implemented which will improve our digital marketing.
- Grant and his presentation are fantastic and I also really appreciate hearing from other attendees and their experiences.