Why coaching is the #1 skill you need to drive performanceOnline | Wed. 16th August 2023 | 9.30am - 11.00am
Speaker led workshop online
Many business owners and senior managers think that they already coach their people. In fact, what they really do (most of the time) is lead, guide, solutionise, problem solve, get into the weeds, and are even guilty of manipulation. This often creates a dynamic where employees ‘expect’ their leader to always be the expert and the one’s with all the answers – which means they often just turn up to work, park their brain at the door, and be told what to do each day.
People will only ever reach their full potential and exceed what’s expected of them if they are coached effectively. Managers sometimes do an O.K. job of coaching when they’ve got the luxury of time and no distractions, but the real skill is how to be an effective coach when the pressure is on – which is most of the time! As leaders, ‘we bring the weather’ and our emotional state sets the tone – how we behave dictates how they behave. During this workshop we’ll explore Our Unconscious Controlling Habits (OUCH!) and look at changing these into more empowering coaching habits.
Through real time practice and feedback, you’ll get the opportunity to discuss some current business challenges you face and have the chance to hone your coaching skills. You’ll leave the workshop with some practical tools and techniques that you can immediately apply to become a better coach for your team, and ultimately drive improved performance.
What will be covered?
- Why coaching works (the science)
- How we behave at work when we’re under pressure
- Our controlling habits and behaviours
- Why our people aren’t performing to their full potential
- The core skills we need to learn
- Increased self-awareness
- Understanding how our behaviour impacts our team
- Knowing how to regulate ourselves when the pressure is on
- Understanding the key tools and techniques we must practice day to day
- Knowing the benefits of coaching for you, your team, and the bottom line
Back to Events Listing