IT Strategy for growthOnline | Tue. 21st March 2023 | 9:00am-10:30am
Companies looking for growth need to have a plan for how their technology can support and drive this. Without a technology roadmap, it’s much harder to scale up confidently while maintaining or improving margins and customer service. Often it’s hard to know where to start.
In this session we explain what a technology roadmap looks like, the benefits of a technology plan, and how to start planning yours. We will take a look at the common blockers or choke points, which are often:
- Old systems that are maintained by a single individual – risky & lack of flexibility
- ERP implementation programme
- Poor performing Managed Service Provider
- Poor communication between IT & the business – people think IT is a roadblock
- Fast growth has exposed creaking systems
- Have a good business vision, but don’t know how to use IT to get there
- ’Stuck’ projects (eg. One of our clients had been ‘implementing ERP’ for 5 years with no end in sight)
- Should I build or buy systems?
- Head of IT not really strategic – Board want to move forward but he/she doesn’t have the capability
The meeting will be led by: Sally Rainbow-Ockwell
Sally is a Regional Director for Freeman Clarke, the UK’s leading provider of Fractional CIOs and CTOs to growing and ambitious businesses.
Sally is a strategic leader with a particular focus on business process, IT & corporate strategy. She is experienced in M&A planning & integration. She trained in IT and leadership with major Blue Chips – including Marks & Spencer. She has held strategic CIO roles in mid sized companies in Retail, Mail Order & Consumer Financial Services, plus client-facing roles as an Account Director in Financial Services.
Following Sally’s IT career, she has operated as a business coach, specialising in the needs of the mid-sized entrepreneur. She has won multiple global awards for herself and her clients, and has co-authored a best-selling business book.
Back to Events Listing