How to make critical decisions when the stakes are high (Workshop)Online | Wed. 5th October 2022 | 4:00pm-5:30pm
Speaker led workshop online
- How do you make wise decisions when you’re under pressure and out of time?
- What’s the best approach for big decisions? Your Gut? Your Heart? Your Brain? A mix of all of them? Or an Algorithm?
- How do you know when to play it safe and when to do something audacious?
Drawing on a wealth of experience and research, you’ll explore three, very common yet mind-bending dilemmas faced by organisational leaders:
- Never give up? Or wake up and smell the coffee?
- Bold decisions? Or batten down the hatches?
- Tackle the core issue? Or tackle the peripheral issues?
In exploring these dilemmas, you’ll discover insights and strategies to help you make difficult decisions, but do so wisely, promptly and with less stress, so that you experience better outcomes in your life, and you’re decisive when it matters.
You will learn:
- Why your gut is both powerful and flawed and when to best use it
- Why unconscious biases undermine good decision-making and the 3 most dangerous biases to look out for.
- Why boundaries form the foundation of effective decision making and self-mastery
- How to create and communicate your boundaries, so you no longer get pulled into things you’d rather avoid, you no longer accept things you know to be wrong, and you no longer get stuck when you most need to move
- How to navigate your most difficult decisions with minimal stress, and why heuristics enable prompt decision making, whilst protecting you from the flaws in your gut
- Why we ignore important issues when we’re under pressure and how to spot our elephants early, so we can deal with them when they’re small and docile, rather than when they’re big and angry.
Please click here to read Andrew’s latest article on “How to process negative feedback when you’re the recipient”
Back to Events Listing