Understand your obligations to disability in the workplaceOnline | Wed. 16th November 2022 | 9:30am-11:00am
Sponsored speaker briefing
A workshop that will help you to understand your obligations with respect to disability, the type of work that people with disabilities can do and some of the surprising benefits that arise from having a person with disability contribute to your team.
The 2010 Equality Act in simple terms, protects employees and prospective employees from discrimination, but what does this really mean to you as an employer? In our experience it’s quite usual for employers to feel worried, lacking in knowledge and to have misconceptions when it comes to disability. This workshop provides a safe environment to express your concerns and apprehensions, to learn the practical realities and to hear about some of the success stories.
What will be covered?
- What the Act says in simple terms.
- An introduction to types of disability.
- What is it that we are concerned about?
- Can people with disabilities really work in my organisation?
- If I wanted to employ a person with disabilities what do I have to do?
- What practical expert support is out there that you can tap into.
- What should you do to make employing a person with disabilities a success?
- Most importantly, what are the business case and benefits for your organisation.
There will be lots of opportunity for breakout sessions, feedback and Q and A.
Delivered by Ways into Work CiC who work with over 250 employers and over 500 people with disabilities across Berkshire, Hampshire and Oxford supporting them with their recruitment needs and push to introduce diversity and inclusion across their workforce.
Back to Events Listing