Governance, what it means to be a director (MLL blended membership only)Burton on Trent | Tue. 6th December 2022 | 9:30am-12:30am
Private Speaker and Peer Challenge Board Meeting
This is a private in person meeting for Midlands Leadership members only.
Jo’s workshop will provide participants (people who are aspiring to be in a directorship or are currently in one) with an overall understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director and to provide an insight into how to carry out the role effectively and to protect both the individual and the corporation, as far as practical from potential liabilities.
What will be covered?
- How the board functions and board member’s roles.
- How to run an effective board meeting.
- The legal role of directors and their compliance.
- Companies Act 2006.
- A director’s guide to staying out of jail.
- Basic statutory and criminal liability.
- Director and Officers liability insurance.
Back to Events Listing