Open Masterclass – Getting a Grip on Time
Robyn Pearce – ‘one of the world’s leading time management experts’
MD2MD members will have the opportunity to receive insight into the power of defining and implementing a practical, effective productivity program at their regular MD2MD meeting in September from New Zealand based Robyn Pearce, ‘The Time Queen’. We have also come to an exclusive arrangement with Robyn to deliver a tightly focused 1 day workshop in Chalgrove on Getting a Grip on Time as a follow-up for MD2MD members, their staff and other business leaders and senior managers.
Since 1992, Robyn Pearce’s practical and common sense approach to time-associated subjects has helped hundreds of thousands of people around the world improve their productivity and time management.
Getting a Grip on Time Masterclass
In this highly interactive 1 day Masterclass, participants will discuss:
Planning and Prioritising
- A diagnostic to help participants identify their own specific issues and/or the issues of their staff
- A fresh and simple way to understand and remember the underlying principles of planning and prioritising
- Discussion of case studies and practical applications on how to be more proactive and effective
- Practical ways to work with whatever diary systems they’re already using, or suggestions to improve
- Overcoming Time Wasters
Robyn’s interactive style encourages participants to bring their specific issues to the table, so much of the content depends on audience needs.
In the afternoon, you will drill down in more detail into topics of interest to the group, such as:
- How to reduce interruptions and wasted time
- How to eliminate or reduce wasted meeting time
- Quick tips on how to minimise the impact of e-mail
- Simple but little-used time saving email techniques
- Smart information management techniques – paper handling in particular
- How to manage garrulous or time-wasting staff members
- Quick delegation tips
Robyn has published 8 productivity-related books, is a regular columnist in several newspaper and magazines, and her e-newsletter/blog is received by over 10,000 subscribers world-wide. She also delivers a weekly 1 hour podcast via www.webtalkradio.net based in Chicago.
You can listen to two of Robyn’s podcasts here. The first, ‘Getting A Grip on Time: Do More With Less – Practical Tips to Streamline your Business’, features our Operations Director Allie Egginton, who discusses how she trains her team, how they analyse new tasks, how they improve processes, what to do when things go wrong, how to motive different personalities to change their way of working, and much more.
In the second podcast, ‘Getting a Grip on Time: Do More With Less! – How to Unlock the Game of Sales – and Save Heaps of Time’, Ari Galper blows away the myths behind traditional sales.
When and Where?
- Thursday 15th October 2015 – 10.00 to 16.00 – Chalgrove, Oxon
Robyn made me understand how managing time can impact work and home by showing techniques to use in a business and personal level to manage time. She has given hints, tips and tools to help with my personal organisation, including home life through practical examples and personal experience.
I’ve learned to be extremely structured in the presentation and adapt to company specific requirements.
I’ve appreciated the demonstration of the Unread email folder option in Outlook and have understood to lessen the importance of responding to emails ASAP.
I thought I was good with time management, however looking at doing the most important not the most easy to complete tasks first, makes sense.
Less is more – Less reactive, more proactive!
More about the speaker