Before setting up Burgin Associates, Cliff’s career took him through some of the UK’s leading brands. He devised international marketing strategies for Cape, EAC, Universal, Sellotape and Dunlop Hiflex. He left the position of Group Managing Director of the €130m Dunlop Hiflex Organisation in 2006 to establish his own consultancy business specialising in pricing and commercial strategy. His firm is now the darling of the mid-market private equity firms in the City, working with their investments as far afield as the USA and China. Although he is often asked to speak on the subject, first and foremost he is a practitioner in his field. His workshops are peppered with real-life examples from the two hundred and fifty or so businesses he has worked with from every sector imaginable including many household names.
Cliff’s approach to pricing is not the dry accountant’s view but draws heavily on the practical application of behavioural psychology. He is a visiting lecturer at the universities of Leeds and Huddersfield.
In his workshops he shares some of his techniques that give him an uncanny ability to unearth profit through pricing.
The workshop will cover the following:
- Why addressing price will make you more profit than pretty much anything else you could do
- How behavioural psychology explains why most businesses habitually under-price
- Some simple thinking tools to help members work out how much a customer is expecting to pay
- What makes a product or service price sensitive… or more importantly price insensitive
- How changing they way you price rather than the price itself can win market share
- A simple technique for value based pricing
- The group will use the thinking models and understanding gained in the first half of the workshop to address real life pricing issues suggested by members
WHEN AND WHERE?
- Wednesday 1st November 2017 – Upper Thames – Swindon
COMMENTS FROM MEMBERS ON THIS WORKSHOP:
- He gave me the courage of my convictions regarding increasing prices.
- The early focus was good as it made me reflect on my business.
- I found the advice on E-auction helpful.
- Worked well with real world situations.