Getting a Grip on Time
Robyn Pearce – ‘one of the world’s leading time management experts’
MD2MD members will have the opportunity to receive insight into the power of defining and implementing a practical, effective productivity program at their regular MD2MD meeting in September from New Zealand based Robyn Pearce, ‘The Time Queen’.
Since 1992, Robyn Pearce’s practical and common sense approach to time-associated subjects has helped hundreds of thousands of people around the world improve their productivity and time management. In this very interactive ½ day workshop, participants will discuss:
Planning and Prioritising
- A diagnostic to help participants identify their own specific issues and/or the issues of their staff.
- A fresh and simple way to understand and remember the underlying principles of planning and prioritising.
- Discussion of case studies and practical applications on how to be more proactive and effective.
- Practical ways to work with whatever diary systems they’re already using, or suggestions to improve.
Overcoming Time Wasters
Robyn’s very interactive style encourages participants to bring their specific issues to the table, so much of the content depends on audience needs.
Commonly raised topics:
- How to reduce interruptions and wasted time
- How to eliminate or reduce wasted meeting time.
- Quick tips on how to minimise the impact of e-mail.
- Simple but little-used time-saving email techniques.
- Smart information management techniques – paper handling in particular.
- How to manage garrulous or time-wasting staff members.
- Quick delegation tips.
When and Where?
- Tuesday 8th September 2015 – M1 M40 Group – Buckingham
- Wednesday 9th September 2015 – M4E Group – Maidenhead
- Thursday 10th September 2015 – A40 A34 Group – Chalgrove
- Thursday 17th September 2015 – M60 Group – Blackburn
Robyn has published 8 productivity-related books, is a regular columnist in several newspaper and magazines, and her e-newsletter/blog is received by over 10,000 subscribers world-wide. She also delivers a weekly 1 hour podcast via www.webtalkradio.net based in Chicago.Click Here to Apply For Your Guest Place
Robyn, gave some useful tips and reminded me to prioritise only a small number of tasks at a time. ~M1M40
I particularly enjoyed the practical tips on planning and email. Robyn, re-iterated the importance of goal setting in different areas of life. ~M4E
The session with Robyn was brilliant, very inspirational. It made me realise that I need to look at chunking / blocking to improve company performance.
Robyn highlighted some useful tips and provided some management tools, which will be useful for developing my staff.
I truly liked how Robyn reinforced time planning into chunks and I’ve appreciated the vision & goal setting as well as linking back to the working week.
Robyn made me understand how managing time can impact work and home by showing techniques to use in a business and personal level to manage time. She has given hints, tips and tools to help with my personal organisation, including home life through practical examples and personal experience.
I’ve learned to be extremely structured in the presentation and adapt to company specific requirements.
I’ve appreciated the demonstration of the Unread email folder option in Outlook and have understood to lessen the importance of responding to emails ASAP.
I thought I was good with time management, however looking at doing the most important not the most easy to complete tasks first, makes sense.
Less is more – Less reactive, more proactive!
More about the speaker